Banana Cupcake Recipe.
I decided to try making a cupcake instead of a muffin with my over-ripened bananas. I used this recipe but I made certain changes to it.
- I used butter instead of shortening
- I used normal milk instead of buttermilk (since I’ve used butter in the first place)
- I cut down the sugar by 1/4 cup
- I did not use vanilla extract
- I added almost 1/4 cup of Starbucks toffee nut syrup
It turned out very moist and cake-like, yummy. 🙂 However when you add the egg all at once to the mixture, do not be afraid if the mixture starts to curdle. Once you add the flour mixture in, it’ll all come together. Another tip is to use your electric mixer to give it a good mix after adding the flour mixture to the banana mixture.
I tried using these paper holders today, I found them a little too flimsy, bleah.
All mixed up, gooey in perfect deliciousness.
The finished product.
What a joy it was to bake these, not all recipes are mix and mush and pour. 😉
Tags: baking bananas, banana, Banana Cupcake, Banana Cupcake recipe, cake recipe, Starbucks Toffee Nut Syrup