(This post is photo intensive so beware!)
First up, the recipe for you to read through then some step by step photographs to aid anyone who has never baked before-I dare you to try this easy recipe.
Brownies (serves 16)
1/2 cup vegetable oil (or melted butter)
1 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees celsius. Line a muffin tray with paper linings.
2. Mix oil, sugar and vanilla essence in a large bowl. Beat in eggs gradually with an electric mixer.
3. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in another bowl.
4. Gradually stir in egg mixture and flour mixture until well blended (you may use your electric mixer but on low speed)
5. Stir in walnuts and pour batter into paper linings.
6. Bake in the centre of the oven for about 15 minutes or until moist crumbs cling onto the skewer when poked in the middle of the brownie (not when the skewer is clean)
Chop the walnuts to the consistency that you desire. This were my walnuts halfway in the chopping process.
The oil-some people get terrified as to how much fat goes into sweets. Reality check for you!
Yes and there’s sugar as well. I love the crystal look of the sugar in this photo.
My whisks still clean before mixing, vanilla was added to this mixture already.
Eggs, two are going to be separated from their gang.
Beating away and eggs added in gradually. I’m super particular about the meaning behind gradual, since I hate my mixture to curdle up when the eggs aren’t incorporated well. yuck.
The whisk after all that mixing.
The flour measured, feel free to be more precise than me.
I love this cocoa from Hershey’s.
Measurement of baking powder.
The same double-sided spoon can be used for the salt measurement as well. Thanks to this awesome magnetic measuring set from Calin last Christmas.😀
The gorgeous dry mixture.
Finally all mixed together in glorious perfection.
The end. Now eat.
You’ll love how your kitchen smells when brownies are baking.