I needed to bake some banana muffins as I’ve got a bunch of over-riped bananas in the kitchen. Then I came across Genevieve‘s recipe and decided to try to out. I made some tiny changes. Thank you Genevieve. 🙂
Moist Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins (Serves 12)
1 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/4 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 large)
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup milk
2 small eggs
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 12 muffin cups or line with muffin papers.
2. Sift first 4 ingredients into a large bowl.
3. Combine bananas, sugar, butter, milk, eggs and vanilla essence in a medium bowl.
4. Mix into dry ingredients until just combined. Do not over-mix!
5. Fold in chocolate chips.
6. Divide batter among prepared muffin cups, fill it till 3/4 full.
7. Bake until muffins are golden brown and tester inserted into center comes out clean, for about 25 minutes. (10 to 15 minutes for miniature muffins)
8. Cool muffins in tray for 5 minutes before transferring muffins to cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy. 🙂
Baking really takes the stress out of school work. Sometimes you got to just step back and leave your work aside for a little while and do something you love. For me, its baking.
And of course it’s much more worth the while when I see good friends enjoying this muffin treat. 😀 Here’s Lishan and her muffin, while we were at a field trip on Friday.
I am looking forward to baking with my Starbucks toffee nut latte. 🙂